HDF - Hot Drape Forming
Multiple Zoned Heating and Infinitely Variable Vacuum levels give precision control for forming complex parts with varying density of material not achieved by other Hot Drape Formers.
||Stiffeners, spars, ribs, strutts, braces|
- Wrinkle free forming - thickness up to 30 mmWrinkle free forming - thickness up to 30 mm
- Up and down stroke controlled by servomotors for a perfect control
- Multizone Temperature control and heating regulation thanks to PLC allows multiple densities to be formed simultaniously
- Preform tool identification and position control
- Application adapted to work in class 8 cleanrooms
- Production speed increased and lower labour intensive
- Reduced labour costs
- Light curtain safety protection
- ‘Quick Locking System’ allows diaphragm and material positioning
- Fully customized equipment
- Data acquisition
- Fully moveable multiple vacuum table
- Separate tools heating bank increase quality and production times
- Controlled heat and cooling rates.
Advanced Infrared Heating System
The heat bank incorporates multiple infrared heating lamps which are fully adjustable to achieve the optimum distance from your tool/component. The heater bank provides multiple heating zones allowing different temperature profiles along the tool. This enables forming components of alternating carbon thickness with highly accurate temperature control and recording via multiple thermocouples. Luminaries light the whole process for viewing via inspection windows.
Cooling gives a controlled ramp down rate, increases productivity and quality of finished product. The cooling system and the dimensions of ducts and diffusers are designed specifically to deliver the exact required rate of cooling.
The unique design of diaphragm precisely positions the carbon onto the tool. The diaphragm is attached to the diaphragm frame with a ‘Quick Locking System’ and seals automatically around the edge of the vacuum bed.